Can I obtain a court Fee Waiver?

The minimum court filing and processing fees for a divorce application are presently $335.00. If you are unable to pay these fees due to financial hardship, you can apply to the court for a fee waiver. The request must be made by filing a motion with the court, along with a sworn Affidavit explaining your financial situation, accompanied by documentary evidence such as copies of recent tax returns, bank, pay stubs, social security, and food stamp statements, along with evidence of assets, debts and monthly living expenses. If the court determines that your income falls below the poverty level, an Order will be signed by the judge which will permit you to file the divorce without the necessity of having to pay the filing fees.